System Engineer/Senior Software Engineer: 2 Positions
* Company Profile
Auto Technologies was founded to address the growing need for professional local Laotian providers of technology in Laos. Auto Technologies is a combination of Laotian and expatriate technology professionals coming together to address this market.
We focus in providing customized bespoke solutions in software and hardware infrastructure to our clients. We combine our local knowledge of Lao operating requirements and our technical expertise with partnerships with top global technology providers to create these bespoke solutions for our Laotian clients.
Compensation and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with the experience and potential of the successful applicant.
We are looking for:
1. System Engineer 01 Position: Responsible for configuring and managing servers of different operating systems, such as Windows, macOS or Linux, including installing, fixing issues, and upgrading while implementing enhancements to them to improve performance and reliability. They also design, implement, and manage enterprise system technologies.
2. Senior Software Engineer 01 Position: Responsible for our technology systems including managing back-end services, the interchange of data between the server, users and working with external technology vendors for new technology initiatives we implement. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
1.1 System Engineer responsibilities:
- Installation/Configuration/managing of Windows and Linux servers
- Demonstrable experience with VMware’s products (vmware ESX and vCenter) within modern IT production data centres and infrastructure environments.
- Experience with VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Network administration, configuration, Maintain and upgrade of data communication equipment.
- Experience in IP PBX systems.
- Problem/request Management (Internal/External) Clients.
- Analytical with good troubleshooting skills.
- Deliver IT support in several projects.
- Liaising with vendors and keeping relevant stakeholders up to date with developments.
- Incident & Change Management.
- Understanding about the ITIL process.
- Monitor and test system performance, prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Relevant certification would be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline.
- At least 3 years of Managing Servers.
- Experiences of Active Directory, DFS, Terminal Servers, Hyper V, Internet Information Server, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), and file server migrations.
- Understanding how to manage computers and other related devices on networks, Active Directory (AD), created by Microsoft, is utilized.
- Familiar with Cloud Solutions, virtualization software, such as VMware and Hyper-V, scripting with PowerShell and Ansible, and Citrix XenDesktop and VDI Solutions. familiar with Cloud Solutions, virtualization software, such as VMware and Hyper-V, scripting with PowerShell and Ansible, and Citrix XenDesktop and VDI Solutions.
- Understanding of patching tools and security vulnerability scanning.
2.1 Senior Software Engineer responsibilities:
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage solutions (may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.)
- Integration of 3rd party solution (AI/Payment) through API
2.2 Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 – 15 years development experience with back end technologies such as PHP, Nodejs, Python
- Experience with frameworks
- Experience with Angular, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Familiarity with MySQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience in manage database/web server or AWS
* Company Address: 509 Saphangmor Village, Xaysettha DistrictVientiane, Laos
* Website: http://www.autotech-la.com,