National Environment Specialist
Request for Expression of Interest
Recruitment of National Environment Specialist
Capacity Building Program for Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Position: Environment Specialist
Duration of assignment: Intermittent inputs amounting to 65 days (1 June 2021 to 31 March 2022)
1. JOB PURPOSE
To provide training, on-the-job coaching and mentoring in environmental management and instruments such as environmental frameworks for the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF), including Department of Planning and Finance (DOPF), Department of Irrigation (DOI), Department of Livestock and Fisheries (DLF), Department of Technical Extension and Agro-Processing (DTEAP), and Department of Forestry (DOF).
Scope of Work
- Environmental safeguards training materials (such as slides and explanation notes) in English and Lao languages;
- Environmental safeguards training including actual field-level training;
- Final report of national trainer (consultant) which includes reporting on practical field-level activities.
Vientiane – MAF
2. EXPECTED OUTCOMES
Prepare an activity plan and schedule for capacity building on environment safeguards (including climate change adaptation/mitigation) for MAF, including DOPF/DLF/DOI/DOF/DTEAP.
- Adapt ADB’s training materials to suit selected DLF/DOI/DOF/DTEAP staff who are not environmental professionals, addressing challenges and practical needs at field level;
- Revise and finalise the training materials based on ADB’s review, and translate them into the Lao language;
- Prepare a work plan and schedule for capacity building on environment safeguards which includes practical fieldwork related to real cases;
- Deliver training to the selected trainees, combined with on-site demonstrations at actual sub-projects financed by ADB.
3. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Post-graduate degree in relevant environment-related discipline or similar.
4. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental impacts analysis and management, with demonstrated knowledge or experience in environmental, health and safety issues in agriculture, livestock husbandry, agro-processing and rural infrastructure; preferably with at least 5 years of experience with development projects financed by external development organizations.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
5. GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS
- ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit their EOIs along with: (i) a letter of interest and (ii) up-to-date CV in English through ADB’s Consultant Management System (CMS) at https://selfservice.adb.org/OA_HTML/adb/xxcrs/jsp/ADBCsrnFwd.jsp?sel=169479 The deadline for the submission of EOIs is on 30 May 2021 at 17:00 hrs. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For any inquiry on accessing to the website (CMS), please contact Ms. Thipphaphone Silaphet at email@example.com or Tel. 020 22226309.