We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated development professionals interested in long term careers with a major international children’s NGO.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. Plan, one of the world’s largest children’s INGOs, works with children and poor communities in 50 countries.
Currently we work in Bokeo, Oudomxay, Saravan, Vientiane and Luang Prabang Provinces, in basic education, early childhood development, health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, adolescence and youth economic empowerment. Plan has no religious or political aims or affiliations. Visit www.plan-international.org for more information.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, members of ethnic groups and people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term employment opportunities for all posts.
Plan Laos is looking for position:
Finance & Admin Officer (based in Vientiane Capital)
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Service Duration: 7 Months
Duties and responsibilities:
- Follow up daily expenses of fields staff related to the EU Grant;
- Prepare cash advance for operational expenses;
- Review purchase requests and prepare payment vouchers;
- Monitor to ensure that all payments and expenditure are in compliance with approved budgets and account codes following the financial procedures of Plan International and the donor (EU) and verify the necessary financial supporting documents (e.g. receipts);
- Entry payment with Finance Team to SAP system (e.g. Excel file for upload to SAP);
- Support with the budget forecasts, cash management, record keeping and financial reporting of Plan staff and project partners;
- Support the Finance Team and the Project Manager as necessary with financial reporting (e.g. budget vs. actual reports, partnership financial reporting, donor reports, etc.);
- Manage travel logistics (e.g. vehicle rental, flight booking, hotel booking) and coordinate with any service providers (e.g. travel agency, hotels, drivers, etc.);
- Manage the administration of the office, including maintaining office supplies and equipment, handling deliveries, and coordinating any other needs related to the office;
- Provide support on purchase/acquire/deliver fixed assets, goods & services as required;
- Obtain quotations for goods and services as required and in compliance with the Plan Finance Manual and meet the EU grant requirements;
- Support the project team with other administrative or logistical support as necessary (e.g. preparing meeting rooms, registration, printing documents, reception, etc.).
- Degree level education or equivalent demonstrated ability essential (strong preference for Business Administration or related discipline);
- At least 3 years’ experience working in administration and finance, experience with NGO will be a significant advantage;
- Knowledge of financial management system and internal control procedures;
- Knowledge of SAP basic would be an advantage;
- Good computer skills (including Word and Excel) are essential;
- Good written and spoken English and Lao is essential;
- Ability to liaise and negotiate effectively with government, suppliers, service providers and other agencies is essential;
- Ability to manage own tasks and to set and meet priorities and deadlines without close supervision is essential;
- Honest, approachable, flexible, with good team spirit.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS:
- We strongly encourage equally qualified female candidates to apply
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 16th July 2021
TO APPLY FOR THIS POST:
Send your resume/CV, and cover letter. In the cover letter please state on a separate page your preferred start date, names and contact details of three referees and your salary expectations for each position, to Plan International Laos, PO Box 6026, Vientiane, Lao PDR, or to PlanLaos.JobVacancies@plan-international.org
Please state in cover letter how you learned about the job – through emails, INGO Directory, 108 Jobs, or friends.